Thursday, March 2, 2023

The Current Top Sources

In todays world, most people receive their information from their digital devices. Most people get their news off of various social media platforms such as TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, and Instagram.  More than eight-in-ten Americans get news from digital devices.  People also use news outlets or from journalists to receive updates on breaking news in real time. There are great concerns about the accuracy and the bias of news shared throughout these platforms, as they may not be true. 


Although Social media platforms, such as TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, and Instagram, are not very reliable sources millions of people, including me, scroll through reading and listening to news every day. Especially with TikTok, the app allows people to scroll through their "For You Page" which shows random videos posted by people from all over the world. People love to share news and their opinions on all different types of things. This can range from opinions on a random product, drama going on with celebrities, things going on in the news, and politics. Videos only range from 3 seconds to 3 minutes causing people to get their opinion across to their audience very quickly making the viewers more likely to sit through and listen to what people have to say. When I get engaged in something I watch while scrolling through my For You Page I will normally tell my friends or family about it. 


In addition to social media, another way people get their information is by word of mouth. News can spread rapidly this way. Personally, when I hear news I normally go to my friends or family and ask if they have heard about it and what their opinion on the topic is. I think it is very important to hear other peoples opinions. In my family, we normally send a picture or link to news we read about. This normally does come from a more reliable source then Social Media platforms and we will talk about it.  




The news has been one of the biggest top sources for years. About half or more of adults 50 and older are still turning to TV for news often . I think the news is a great source to get information on. There are different news stations, therefore there's multiple options to pick from. I think this is a great because they are always updating on what is currently going on. The news is on 24/7 which makes it very convenient to listen to news as soon as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment