Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Blog Post #4


The Important Eight values of Free Expression

Individual Self-Fulfillment, or Self-Actualization, resonates the most with me. This is because free speech is a fundamental right that allows me to express myself freely. Without this my entire life would be so different. Due to this I have been able to express my thoughts, beliefs, and values openly, causing me to articulate my own identity. I can communicate my own views, values, and interests. All of this has helped me to become my own person and find my own interests. This has also allowed me to make true friendships with others and find kindred spirits. I can identify with others who have the same beliefs, values, and interests. I have also been able to make my own choices about how I want to live my life. I have been able to make my own choices and actions. Freedom of speech has been essential to upholding my human dignity, as I have always been able to express myself without fear of censorship.




Promote Innovation feels the most important. A community that values and protects free speech is likely to be a more vibrant and dynamic society. When people are free to express themselves without fear of censorship or repression, they can actively fulfill themselves in diverse and interesting ways. In a society that values free speech, individuals can share their thoughts, ideas, and experiences openly. This helps to cause creativity and innovation, as people are encouraged to think outside the box and share their unique perspectives. This can lead to the development of new ideas and breakthroughs in science, technology, art, and other fields. All of this is very beneficial. Especially because this can lead to greater informed decision making. When people are free to express their own opinions and concerns and hold leaders accountable it can help to work towards a better society. This is also great because people can openly talk about their views and this can help people to learn to understand and appreciate others perspectives. A community that values and protects free speech is likely to be a more energized, creative, and interesting society and helps to cause creativity, innovation, civic engagement, and tolerance, all of which contribute to a more vibrant and dynamic society which is all very beneficial. 


Stable Change, or Safety Valve, feels the most personal to me. This is because this causes people to express their frustrations and grievances through free speech. This helps to provide a non violent outlet for people to express their emotions. My friends and I do this a lot, it is a great way to communicate. This also benefits the government to better monitor potentially dangerous groups who could end up acting more violent. This helps to keep not only myself but many others safe. By allowing individuals to express their opinions and concerns openly, the government can gain insight into the mood of the population. This can help them to take proactive measures to address them. It is in the government's own self-interest to allow such venting. This can help to build trust with the population. While there are limits to free speech, the government's commitment to allowing this venting can demonstrate its respect for individual rights.     




I see Protect Dissent in action today. This is all over the world through the widespread protests and demonstrations that occur. These protests consist of individuals expressing their opinions and grievances through free speech. This allows people to exercise their right to criticize the government and other institutions. For example, the First Amendment Protects the right to free speech, including the right to express unpopular or minority views. This has led to a thriving culture of political and social dissent, with individuals and groups speaking out against government policies and advocating for change. Many organizations today use social media and other online platforms to express their views and to help support causes. We can see how much this has enabled people to connect with one another who share the same views. 


No comments:

Post a Comment